Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Could God Be Stirring This Pot Too? (September 26, 2010)


On November 30, 2007, God gave me this prophetic word for the church in America and those in its pulpits:
“Once again I will shake America! But this time I will also shake My temple and My pulpit! Many who selfishly enriched themselves through greed using My temple and My pulpit will now find themselves mourning and broken. They will now start giving away in sorrow all what they accumulated and causing a revolution of salvation throughout the nation and My poor will feast on your expense. Once again I will shake America! I the Lord your God has spoken!”
This past week, four lawsuits have been filed against Bishop Eddie Long, pastor of the 25,000-member New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA, alleging that Eddie Long used cars, money, jewelry, electronics, and trips on his private jet to coerce four young men into having sexual relationships with him when they were teenage members of his church.
Eddie Long, who is known for preaching the prosperity gospel and living a lavish lifestyle, denied the allegations, stating: "Let me be clear: The charges against me and New Birth are false. I have devoted my life to helping others and these false allegations hurt me deeply, but my faith is strong and the truth will emerge."
Before his congregation on Sunday’s televised service, Long said that his first responsibility was his family and the members of his Atlanta-area church. However, he added that he would be "remiss" not to address "the world."
"I've been accused, I'm under attack. I want you to know, as I said earlier, that I am not a perfect man," he said. "But this thing, I'm going to fight."
Long added that he's "not the man that has been portrayed on the television. That's not me."
"And I want you to know one other thing; I feel like David against Goliath, but I've got five rocks and I haven't thrown one yet."
Obviously, we will have to wait for the true outcome of this story, as the Bible says: “For everything that is hidden or secret will eventually be brought to light and made plain to all.” See Luke 8:17 NLT
I believe that it is God who is stirring the church pot these days, cleansing it from sin, immorality, power abuse, greed, and false teachings.
For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin first among God's own children. 1. Peter 4:17 NLT
This means that Jesus Christ is coming back for a glorious church that is “without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.” See Ephesians 5:27

No comments:

Post a Comment