Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Where Did Whitney Houston Go? (February 14, 2012)


Last Monday, I was at an IKEA store close to the New Jersey airport with a friend, who had to do some shopping for his business, right at the time when Whitney Houston’s body was being flown in from Los Angeles.
Whitney Houston, 48, was found in the bathtub of her Beverly Hills hotel room on Saturday with her face under water. It is feared that she has been killed by a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol.
The R&B/POP singer, who has been raised in a Christian church, once sold more than 170 million albums worldwide, but was reduced to asking friends for $100 handouts in recent years. Whitney Houston struggled for decades with cocaine, marijuana, and pills, and over time her behavior had become more and more erratic.
One of the reasons I am writing this blog about Whitney Houston’s death is because somebody wrote on my Facebook wall the following about Whitney Houston: “I hope she made peace with her maker.  Then I heard God’s voice saying to me: “Whitney Houston bought into the flimsy gospel that is being preached today, and became a casualty of this gospel that has absolutely no power to set anybody free. It is a gospel that is focused on your person, and tells you that it is all about your dreams, desires, and pleasures that need to be fulfilled and achieved. It is a gospel that tells you that you can obtain anything you want in the way you think it fits you best. It is all about you getting all the blessings you can get, and live a life however you want to, and still go to heaven.
But, but…wait, isn’t the Bible saying that, “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkennesswild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.”..? See Galatians 5:19-21 NLT.
Isn’t the true Gospel when the Savior Jesus Christ says that, "Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'” Matthew 7:21-23 NLT
So, did Whitney Houston live her life for God, and where did she go???

No comments:

Post a Comment