Sunday, October 6, 2013

Do Not Take Revenge | Institute of Love

“Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; 
I will pay them back,” says the Lord.” Romans 12:19 NLT  This is also what happened to Moses when he was criticized by his own sister Miriam and brother Aaron because he had married a certain woman. They said, “Has the Lord spoken only through Moses? Hasn’t he spoken through us, too?” But the Lord heard them and became very angry with them and said; so why were you not afraid to criticize my servant Moses? Right after God struck Miriam with leprosy. When Aaron saw what had happened to his sister, he cried out to Moses, “Oh, my master! Please don’t punish us for this sin we have so foolishly committed. Don’t let her be like a stillborn baby, already decayed at birth.” So Moses cried out to the Lord, “O God, I beg you, please heal her!” (See Numbers 12:1-16) Yes, it is indeed as the Lord said; I will take revenge: 
I will pay them back! Therefore, NEVER TAKE REVENGE just like Moses didn't either!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment