Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pig Mentality | Institute of Love

The Prodigal Son had a pig mentality, meaning he wasn't willing to stay and receive the true life-giving pearls his father was offering him. Instead, he packed all his belongings and moved to a distant land, where he wasted all his inheritance money on wild living. With no money left and a famine striking the land, he became so hungry that he literally ended up longing to eat the food he was feeding the pigs. What an irony! The good news though was that this younger son came to his senses and said to himself, “At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger! I will go home to my father and say, Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.” (See Matthew 7:6 and Luke 15:11-19) Just like this lost son, our prayer is that backsliders will repent from their sins and come back home to the Father where they belong, as Jesus said; “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.” John 14:23 NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment