Friday, August 9, 2013

Season Of Reconciliation | Institute of Love

It is true what the apostle Paul said, that “we serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us.” 2. Corinthians 6:8 NLT But he also said to “do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.” Romans 12:18 NLT Jesus put it this way: “If you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.” Matthew 5:23-24 NLT That's why we Christians should “never pay back evil with more evil,” (Romans 12:17 NLT) by being angry with someone, calling someone an idiot, or cursing someone. We would be putting ourselves in danger of the fires of hell. (See Matthew 5:22) Instead, we should make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends us. Just like the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. (See Colossians 3:13) During my walk as a minister of the Gospel, I have been hurt by many people that I had to forgive and pray for, but I also have hurt and disappointed others in the process who I had to ask to forgive me for the wrongs I have done to them. I believe we are entering into a season of reconciliation and restoration among God's children that will prove to the world that we are indeed disciples of Christ, because we sincerely love one another! (See John 13:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment