Friday, September 27, 2013

The Apostle Paul Did Not Tithe | Institute of Love

The apostle Paul testified, saying: “I was circumcised when I was eight days old. I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one! I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law. I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church. And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.” Philippians 3:5-6 NLT, the law, which included the law of tithing as described in the Old Testament book of Deuteronomy: “You must set aside a tithe of your crops — one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year.” Deuteronomy 14:22 NLT  It is this same apostle Paul, who obeyed the law without fault, who is now writing in the New Testament that; “You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. As the Scriptures say, “They share freely and give generously to the poor. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.” 2. Corinthians 9:7-9 NLT  And; “Give in proportion to what you have. Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have. Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality. Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need. Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it. In this way, things will be equal.” 2. Corinthians 8:11-14 NLT  Paul is clearly saying that you must give in obedience to what God tells you to give and you will be blessed, instead of keeping the Old Testament law of tithing not even meant for Christians! Is the apostle Paul lying when he says this? Is he twisting the scriptures? Is he adding to the Word? When I confront believers who insist on tithing and who are calling me deceived for teaching against it with these questions, they go like, “uuuuhhhhhh.” Well, then I tell them; why do you falsely accuse me of following the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God, the Bible, written by the apostle Paul, among others? Do you know better than Paul who used to keep the law himself??? Come on now!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment