Friday, November 15, 2013

Suffering For Doing Good | Institute of Love

This is the lie Potiphar's wife told her servants after she tried to seduce Joseph to have sex with her and he took off running; “My husband has brought this Hebrew slave here to make fools of us! He came into my room to rape me, but I screamed. When he heard me scream, he ran outside and got away, but he left his cloak behind with me.” Then she repeated the same lie to her husband, saying; “That Hebrew slave you’ve brought into our house tried to come in and fool around with me,” she said. “But when I screamed, he ran outside, leaving his cloak with me!” Because of this false accusation, Joseph was thrown in prison for 13 years! But the Lord was with Joseph in the prison and showed him His faithful love. And the Lord made Joseph a favorite with the prison warden. Before long, the warden put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and over everything that happened in the prison. The warden had no more worries, because Joseph took care of everything. The Lord was with him and caused everything he did to succeed (See Genesis 39:13-23), and in the end, He turned this whole ordeal for the good by making Joseph ruler over Egypt under Pharaoh! (See Genesis 41:37-44) Joseph suffered for doing what is right, and God rewarded him for it! Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong! (See 1. Peter 3:14-17) “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them!!!” Romans 8:28 NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment